Just exploring how to record the macro in visual studio 2010 and open the recorded file and edit it as per need.
1. Open VS;
2. Press Ctrl + Shift + R (recording macro)
3. Write down the text which you want to see while run the macro;
4. Than stop recording the macro text by;
5. Open Macro explorer by tools à macros à macro explorer (alt + F8). It appears like below;
Here you can see the macros which you have created.
6. To view the code of this macro rt click à Edit;
It will display like below; And you can customize it as of your need.
Like I customize it as Create by – Satya Date as todays date by datetime function.
7. Now link it with any shortcut key
a. Go to tools à options à Key board;
b. Just type “macro” you will get all the list of macro; Select particular macro;
c. Assign the key as below, and click assign and click OK.
Click assign should mandatory to assign the short cut key.
Note : Don’t give already using shortcut keys
d. Now using that in any application with given shortcut key.